Tomorrow is our last day in Clearwater Beach.
The weather over the last 48 hours has been cold and wet, and yet we've managed to make it to the playground both days.
For the most part, the boat is ready to go and I've been super laid back about the upcoming passage. We have a GREAT looking weather window, No thunderstorms forecast with 10-15 knots of wind out of the North East, waves 2-3. This is our forecast every day next week.
I need to look over the engines tomorrow. I probably should have already done this, but the weather has been crappy. If there is anything wrong, I'll have to get it fixed tomorrow or delay departure.
We've pretty well provisioned up, but we'll make a run to the grocery store tomorrow to top up. We also need to fill up water and fuel and empty our holding tanks.
Our route from Clearwater to Key West is about 215 miles and should take us around 41 hours to complete.
If we get tired or the weather turns we have several options for stopping along the way.
I have high hopes for a nice relaxing passage with my family. And fingers crossed for seeing dolphins!